Friday, March 26, 2010

Saturday Steals: Loreal Lash Serum

*I'm participating in Camille's Saturday Steals. Send her some love!
Remember that time I became a product tester and they send me free stuff? Buzzagent.com kids, you have to try it. It's less product testing and more word of mouth marketing because the stuff is all approved and what not.
The current kit?L’OrĂ©al Paris® Concentrated Lash Boosting Serum and Double Extend Lash Boosting Mascara. The combined set retails at $25 (serious?!)
But by some magical happenstance, I got TWO kits. TWO! So I gave one to my sister-in-law for Christmas. ($50 worth of stuff. yeehah! That's my steal) As part of the deal I had to take before pics, use the stuff for four weeks religiously, then take after pics. Verdict: My lashes did get longer and a bit darker like it promised.

Serious.

Not fake eye lash long, but enough to notice if you were looking for it. My sister-in-law said that she didn't like the serum so she stopped using it, but she really felt like there was less lash fall out with the mascara (another product promise. I didn't notice, but I never felt like my lashes fell out that much anyways). The serum did irritate my eye lid a bit for the first two weeks. I'm sensitive. The mascara wasn't all that amazing to me and I didn't like it at first. Once I changed my application technique, I liked it better. It comes with a primer that you put on first. I'm a firm believer in the "let it dry between coats" camp. However, with the primer I found that you need to put the mascara on pretty quickly for best results. And keep combing on the black stuff too. I did get some nice compliments on my lashes this last month too, which has NEVER happened before. What's that? You want to see the pictures? Oooooohkay. But I didn't follow instructions and take an after with the mascara. Those dark circles are pure natural.

Before:


AfterBefore:And after


Not quite sure how the shadows gave me a snout in the last picture, the bathroom lighting didn't change, but focus on the lashes.

Bottom line: If you want longer lashes, but don't want to risk the side effects of Lattisse, try the lash boosting serum. Personally, I don't think I'll shell out the money for it until I turn fifty and my lashes are thinning. However, I will definitely finish the tube I have (which last forever! I'm not even half out yet after two months of using it a ton).

4 comments:

Camille said...

Huh. They do look longer!

I've never heard of Latisse, but now that I know it's risky and apparently does something good to lashes, I already want to get it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting for my Saturday Steals. I'm trying not to feel lame that people don't want in on it...I'm gonna give it a few more weeks before I can't handle the shame any more. You have helped me today.

It's too late and I don't make sense so off I go to beddie boo.

(That last sentence? I think that was a mistake.)

Unknown said...

They totally do look longer, huh? I've never even heard of a product like that working. I'll definitely recommend it to my mom!

ticklepea said...

What cool stuff. I've never heard of it before! I'm not even sure you can get it in England yet! But what a cool idea! Ros xx

Alicia W said...

I just like your cool eye pics. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online