Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Science Teacher Rule #51

Freshman are really just kindergarteners, with slightly larger vocabularies and body odor, but the same attention span.

My students were drawing their data tables on whiteboards

One boy decided to add sound effects to his artistic endeavor.


Vrooooooooooom,vroooooooooooom, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrr, vroooooooom, vrooooooom eeeeeeeeeeiiiiir

In case my onomatopoeia didn't give you sufficient detail, you should be hearing the re-creation of a car changing gears and sliding into turns as a marker or 'car' makes a large rectangle.

After his lab partner erases part of the box I hear, "What are you doing?! I can't draw that again! It's too long a drive!"

2 comments:

Elena said...

That's so funny. I think that perhaps everyone in junior high is weird ... science teachers included :)

Erin said...

I remember thinking in kindergarten, "Why do boys make sound effects?" I still haven't figured it out.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online