Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Science Teacher Rule #25

Keep a small variety of interesting science toys on your desk.

I have a 3d image with the glasses, a gyroscope, and a small newton's cradle. The toys promote a little independent science interest while students are waiting to ask a question or get my attention. However, to touch ANYTHING on my desk, I insist they ask first. This prevents them from touching equipment or chemicals and breaking things.

Who am I kidding, prevents SOME touching and breaking of things. The corn syrup and maple syrup disaster of '08 are a testament of that. My density lesson plans never recovered.



Anyways, today a student phrased his request in quite an interesting way


Image from here

"Can I touch your balls?"


If only teachers could sue the students for the things they say.

2 comments:

Elena said...

Then you would make too much money and people couldn't ignore your opinion as much :)

Lindsey said...

Oh wow! Haha! That's great!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online