Monday, March 7, 2011

Girls Scout Cookies

I was perusing my bookmarked pages the other day and found a recipe for girl scout cookies I had never been able to try out. And since it tis the season for $5 a box cookies a present to you Fijis, Slim Mints, and Left Behinds. They taste exactly the same and since you get around 40 to a batch, you can eat a ton! Whether or not you should is another story.


My tips:
1) Dump some powdered sugar in your bag of coconut, shake, then broil on a cookie sheet to toast it.
2) Ignore all the intense chocolate directions. I just dumped a bunch of chocolate chips in the mini crockpot that is usually used for cheese dips at parties. Works like a dream. Then I pour milk in it to clean it out and have fantastic hot chocolate
3) When it says not to let caramel in the center of the Fijis, listen. They stick really bad to the wax paper.
4) Cut out the shortbread a little smaller than you think the cookie should be because it looks bigger after dipped in chocolate
5) They really do take around 4hrs if you include refrigeration time
6) They are easier to make when baby is asleep.


 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

Oooh delicious! You are a blogging machine these days!

Nikki said...

Wow! These look amazing. Samoas are my favorite too :)

Definitely next on my cookie list!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online