Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Acrylic

 I finally got up the guts to try out the acrylic paint set I bought on a whim at Hobby Lobby a few years ago. A year later I finished it for Big Sis's bday. It doesn't look much like her daughter, but I'm happy with it for my first shot. And even more happy I finally finished it and don't have to look at it anymore.


I always draw with a grid so that part isn't too bad, but this paint is tricky because you can add dimension with the shade of the color AND the texture of the paint.

I think I'm ready to go back to a medium you can erase.

3 comments:

Bree Flake said...

I think you are way too cool to be related to me. You are amazing! How can so much talent fit into one person?! Lucky...;)

Elena said...

Brianne, I know just how you feel. But sister, for reals I think it looks great, ESPECIALLY for a first try.

Alicia W said...

I also think it looks amazing! It is so beautiful. And I love how you handled the texture of the dress. I don't know how your instincts seems to always lead you in the right direction. I will display it always.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online