Monday, September 12, 2011

Hell Yeah!

Hello friends!

I'm back! A special thanks to all of my guest posters! I loved each and every post and the diversity of topics. Thanks for doing it and I hope you had fun!

The rest of last week was an extension of my vacation. I didn't do anything unless I felt like it. I've decided I need to add a bit more of that into my life. I have a never ending cloud of optional projects that weigh me down day to day and I realized that most of them have absolutely no deadlines. If I don't feel like sewing the skirt I meant to make when I bought that fabric, I don't need to. Sure Husband would probably appreciate my projects out of the garage, but I don't need to stress about it. I'm trying to sit and enjoy this amazing life I get to lead. And I'm sorry to say, that may include less blogging. It is a battle though, because I like when people read my blog. People read blogs with regularly posted content. If I want people to read, I need to post regularly.

But then again, I'm a big believer that blogging is for enjoyment, not obligation. No one should ever feel like they need to catch up on posting or let blogging become an "I should" activity instead of an "I want to" activity. I read a book called Anything You Want by Derek Sivers which I got free on my kindle from bzzagent and resonated with his advice of eliminating the word yes. In your life there should be two answers, Hell Yeah! or No. So if you aren't feeling Hell Yeah! than let it go or don't do it. Really cool, short book from the Domino Project if you want to read something in an hour. If blogging isn't Hell Yeah! for me on a given day, I'm not going to do it.

So really, what I'm trying to say is, if you don't see a post one day, it's because I've become addicted to crocheting while streaming Numb3rs episodes from Netflix.

No really, Husband is planning on hosting an intervention where everyone reads letters and I have to burn a ball of yarn.

I told him it's actually a skein of yarn.

If they host one, I'm wearing red boots and speaking with an English accent. (10 pts if you know the reference)

Never fear though, reading this lovely book to J each night while she tries to chew the pages or pick up the pictures has me geared up to share some awesome pictures this week. Be prepared, it was pretty much an epic trip.



2 comments:

Elena said...

Ah I miss you already. I'll try to get the pictures to you as soon as I can. Love you!

shamers said...

happy book from the place you visited! who taught you that awesome trick? :)

glad you had fun, glad you're back, glad to see you posting again. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online