Monday, January 30, 2012

That time I ran a marathon with my sister

We ran the Desert Classic Marathon in Surprise. Well it started in Surprise and went to Buckeye, then turned around at 13.1 miles. It took me 5 hrs and 28 minutes. I averaged 12:30 minutes per mile and I am completely fine with that. My goal with not to get picked up by the truck and finish with a smile on my face.



My awesome sister who got me into this mess


It was out at the base of the White Tank mountains. I like running with that desert smell. Although I did have a coyote run across the road in front of me, which I found awesome.

We took the early start at 6am so the timer is an hour off


She is a rockstar
  


We made some friends with these two gentlemen as we alternately passed each other. I don't remember this one's name, but his buddy's name was Larry
 After this picture I asked if Larry had finished yet and he asked if I knew who Larry was. Apparently he is the Guiness World Record holder for the most marathons in a year. He was lots of fun to run with and has an amazing laugh.

Big Sis even walked the last half mile or so to cheer me on as I finished



Acting how we really feel


Greeting our new friend Sharon.  She called us the Woohoo girls



I'm so glad it's over! More details tomorrow

8 comments:

Katie said...

You are both Rockstars! And I love that you made friends while running--so cute!

Erin said...

WOW! I am so impressed! Have to admit I don't think that one is ever making my list!

Alicia W said...

Can I just link to your blog? I love the pictures. And we are awesome!

Lindsey Layton said...

You. are. amazing. That's all there is to it!

Camille Elise said...

Soo...You are awesome. I wanna be awesome too!!! Do you plan on doing any more marathons this year?? Cuz, well, I'm thinking of doing a 1/2 maybe later this year but haven't looked any farther than my desire to do so. And how did you train for the marathon??

Castillo said...

You girls are awesome!!!

Elena said...

Woohoo girls! It's over and YOU NEVER HAVE TO RUN AGAIN!!!!!

Elena said...

Holy Crap! We just did the math... Larry ran 113 marathons, at 26.2 miles a piece that means he ran over 2960 miles in a year. We found that this means he ran further than LA to NY!!! http://g.co/maps/wg294

Wow! 26.2 is more than I could do... LA to NY is just ludicrous.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online