Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Embroidering Paper

I was inspired by this post on embroidering cards made some cards for my cousin. The states and hearts represent where her children's birth moms are from. They go along with some necklaces she found, so really none of the concept is mine.



I totally cheated and had my silhouette cut out all the tiny holes. It keeps you from bending the paper like you would with punching your own holes. Making them brought me back to kindergarten with those big lacing cards. Husband had no idea what I was talking about. I tried unsuccessfully to convince him it wasn't just a girl thing. I failed.






4 comments:

Marilyn said...

What a great idea! I want to do this! The possibilities are endless. . .

Michele said...

This is a great idea! If you don't mind, I'm going to pass your link onto my cousin. She is adopting her first baby girl and I think she would love this idea.

jeanene c said...

It must have been your Mom that had you do lacing cards. They were 'just the thing' for kids to do in my day, especially in church.

shamers said...

super cute and i love them so much! i'll have to send you a photo of them framed in my bedroom. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online