Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Phoenix Children's Museum

I really love the culture pass program. My friends ask me how I always get good ones and it's because I live super close to the library and I put books on hold all the time. The culture passes are near the held books so I always scan them when I go. I also go in the evenings or late afternoon. I assume most people with kids go in the mornings because it is almost always empty in the kids area when we go.

Anyways, I lucked out and found one for the Children's Museum of Phoenix. Last time we went we didn't have much time to explore so I made sure to plan better this time. I figured J would maybe last 2 hours before getting bored.

Wrong.

She could have stayed there all day.

Here is some of the fun as captured by my phone.

They had a big painting area, complete with smocks and a tree structure to paint. I thought it was really cool but J was more interested in coloring with the crayons and attempting to use scissors. She cried when I led her to the glitter playdough table. Yet she pointed to all the art of the walls and said, "Pretty!" Perhaps there is some art appreciation in there somewhere.


They had this cool car wash thing for the kids to run bikes through. She couldn't quick manage it, but it didn't stop her from trying.


There was an entire room dedicated to building forts.


She really liked these light tables. There was another one with sand on it she spent a lot of time at too. I'm trying to decide if I want to make one out of a train table.


 Like the Seattle Children's Museum, there was a petite grocer she adored.




Note that she had to put her purse in the cart. This purse has to be dragged everywhere we go.
 She is a champ at unloading carts and swiping credit cards. Sometimes I even let her sign.


 Of course her number one favorite thing was probably the J sized sink in the bathroom.

 
I didn't get pictures of half the stuff we did, but it is seriously a REALLY cool place to visit. I even looked into buying a year pass because we had that much fun. Well worth the cost of a movie admission and now my favorite culture pass ever.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I've seen my share of Childrens' Museums, but this one really does look fantastic. I especially love the painting room and the fort room--great ideas!

jeanene c said...

I have finally gotten on the internet. Yea! Thank you for your blog posts. I feel like I am not missing out on so much.Keep up the good work. Love Mom

Krysten said...

We have gone twice in the last week and loved it! I think my little guy could live in the noodle jungle and be happy forever.

Krysten said...

We have gone twice in the last week and loved it! I think my little guy could live in the noodle jungle and be happy forever.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online