Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cauliflower

I don't know why I plant things I don't particularly like to eat. This season the only things that really survived were cauliflower, kale and carrots. I just ignored them after the freeze but my sister went snooping around and low and behold, the cauliflower had become huge. So huge it demanded some pictures.



The kale looks prettier than it tastes. I think it tastes like dirt, but the health nut in my feels obligated to put it in things like lasagna and soups. You know, things you can't taste it in.



I do like carrots though.



The cauliflower didn't look very big in the garden picture so we took some to give you a sense of scale.


In case you haven't noticed, I have a rather large head.



J wanted to compare it to her head too since the adults were wearing it like a hat.



Then she decided it was time to stop letting the food go to waste.


This cannot be my kid. Cauliflower is only rendered mildly palatable with serious amounts of cheese or pureed into an indistinguishable pulp. This girl eats it raw. 


Weird.

4 comments:

Dallin said...

Dood... We can totally make that cauliflower Chinese style. Or put it in fried rice.

jeanene c said...

That is truly a beautiful cauliflower. Don't ever plant turnips though. The only one who would eat mine was Ivory, the dog. They werre too bitter. Glad J likes it. I have gotten where I love it. I have seen herbs and vegies for sale here. I am going to have to try container gardening.

Marilyn said...

That head shot is the best! And way to go on your veggie garden. That cauliflower does impress!

Julianne said...

I never cared much for cauliflower until I had some Gobi. Mmmm.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online