Sunday, March 20, 2016

What Happened in February

We took advantage of Piefection pie shop  dinner deal. Half a mile from our house and we had never had it before.


M continued his discovery of all the baby gear stashed in his closet and had a tea party with J.


We dogsat Reece and did her hair.


I found inappropriately named lettuce that I couldn't hold up inappropriately and take a selfy at the the same time.


We started eating popsicles because it hit 90 degrees much earlier this year.


J asked for a picture

M had to join

 I might rename him Iceman


J made a soda pop stand out of her imagination.


We went to the trampoline park



All the cousins did their hair for our Valentine's Day party portraits that I will post eventually.


While I was sleeping, M and J pilfer some leftover cake without any remorse


"It's on my mouth"


J felt these foam bath toys made great bracelets and anklets and made her look like a hula dancer


Remember how I wasn't allowed to exercise in February because of placenta previa? I tried REALLY hard not to take it out on my children (fairly unsuccessfully, but they are both still alive). In an effort to keep us all occupied, I decided to do pinterest style art projects.





It took about 15minutes for my angry irritation to kick in, but at least we got 15 solid minutes.

Remember how M found the baby gear? Dolly needed some formula supplementation. On the floor of the pantry.

We went to the zoo and Cheryl the Great and Matt came along. Why we didn't take a group photo, I have no idea, but it was a lovely adventure.



M woke me up by slapping my face with a package of popcorn and demanded I make him some. I find my kitchen like this because he removed every bowl in search of his favorite: a giant blue plastic colander.


J was effortlessly cool wearing a backwards hat.


I, however, will never be effortlessly cool.


Husband put the compost in the garden for me because of the whole "don't lift any weights" thing. J put it in piles and planted flowers in the piles.


I ordered M a paw patrol chair because the fights over the small camping chair were bugging me (just like pretty much every action of every human being in that month). Campfire was a very popular game that week.


M went poop on the potty again and earned the big Spiderman. I didn't know this item from PopPop's old stash came with batteries. Poor planning on my part, but I will submit to quite a bit in return for properly disposed of feces.


My friend ended up needed a support person when she was in labor so I got to pull an all nighter and be the first to meet this little one. Such a great experience! It gives me more empathy for my hubby because it is kind of hard to feel so helpless while someone is going through pain. Don't get me wrong though, it's maybe 1/50th the difficulty of actually going through labor. And ugg, I'm going to have to do the labor thing again in a couple months. Ugg.


The fresh babies sure are cute though.

2 comments:

jeanene c said...

Did you like the pies? I want to try it! Your photos make life look fun even if it was trying! I especially loved the playing camp fire!

LaurenOpie said...

Now I really want pie. Thanks. Being a support person for someone in labor is a dream of mine! In my next life maybe I'll be a midwife. Glad you keep your blog updated too :D

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online