Thursday, December 15, 2016

December!

M3 loves the fireplace


I found the sweetest note under the tree from J


I finally got to go to a swanky corporate holiday party! I've been waiting years for this and have kept a cocktail dress on standby. It was New Orleans themed and so much fun. I really enjoyed all of Husband's coworkers.



Lil' Sis and I went down for a sister's weekend. It was a whirlwind 36 hours but we had a blast! We saw Moana, ate all the sushi, shopped and tried on formal dresses at Ross, colored our hair and ate junk food while watching Gilmore girls. It was exhausting and wonderful. We even had 2nd Thanksgiving with my mom.









Jace was holding M3's hand in the backseat and it was adorable.


I made over sized christmas lights from pinterest. My sweet parents found green solo cups for me.


Madre and Padre Dos came up to visit and we explored the Audubon path at Marymoor park. It has off leash trails and I was delighted to visit with so many dogs.



No trip to Woodinville is complete without a trip to Molbaks. It's a plant nursery, but has a pet boutique and shoe store and clothing and candles and hospitality stations and a cafe and gift wrapping for plants. I like to say it's more of an experience than a store. And they go ALLL out for Christmas.


We also went out to breakfast and this little elf charmed everyone.


Husband's work had a big gingerbread house party. This photobooth picture turned out so well, I would have totally used it as a christmas card pic. Next year, we'll coordinate clothing.





Grammy and PopPop also sent up a gingerbread kit. I didn't plan on making it that day but M was determined that we not wait. He brought me elmer's glue to open and when I asked what he was glueing, he told me the gingerbread house and had opened the kit and was trying to put it together. At that point I knew I had better make some royal icing because this kid wasn't going to be deterred.


I went a bit fancier on the 2nd one because I wasn't trying to corral 3 kids in public at dinner time.


I let M3 hold the wooden spoon with the frosting.


We got 2 inches of snow! I forgot how much I like reasonable amounts of snow. I also think my house looks like a gingerbread house :)


If you were wondering if M tested the ice on top of the pond, you would be correct.


He also found a creative solution to the rule, "We only eat at the table."



This kid is SO excited about Santa. 3 is a very fun year for Christmas and he loved chatting with Santa at the ward party.


The suspenders! And look at him sitting all by himself!


I took the kids to the nativity display in Bellevue and they did really great! M even pointed out to several people that the signs said don't touch.


The Christ room depicting scenes from the Savior's life was well done.


They even set up the baptismal font like a sepulcher.


3 comments:

Katie said...

Fun! All of it!

jeanene c said...

Love seeing all the photos!. I would have loved to see the life of Christ display! The snow looks amazing, and your house does look like gingerbread !

Jackijo said...

The birds loved the bird pie and ate it all gone very quickly! I will have to get the recipe.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online