Sunday, October 1, 2017

4th of July and more summer adventures

Crap. It's October. That was fast. So here's the photo dump

We set up the slip and slide for the 4th and the Huangs and the Duncombs came over to enjoy it with us. Didn't snap any pictures of the Duncombs though.





We bought some supermarket fireworks and didn't launch most of them. Supermarkets sell fireworks that are WAY more dangerous than they do in AZ. We were too scared of starting a fire because things were launching 30 feet into the air. The sparklers were fun though.



The alpacas weren't bothered by any of the noise.


My decorative grasses were actually lilies! Just when I thought I'd seen everything bloom, these guys delighted me.



I thought these were fern shrub things with aloe-like blooms until they opened into flowers. It's called crocosmia and I love them.


My friend Constance put on a tennis camp for three days so I signed J up. I think Constance is a saint for doing it for 10 kindergarteners.



We went to Juanita beach park with the Riddles and Galentines.


It was a bit windy, but still fun


I'm a sucker for fancy ice cream so we had to check out Snoqualmie Ice Cream with Lil Sis and her family. They list the butter fat of each flavor so you can gauge the creaminess.


"I'm a unicorn!"



My buddy Matt Roland was in town performing with Rebekah Rolland Trio. They were doing a house concert so he got me an invite. The music was phenomenal and reminded me how great live music is. It was total worth a semi-awkward potluck with people I didn't know.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online