Sunday, October 1, 2017

August Adventures

I had the slip and slide up for the activity day girls so we invited the Jenks and their exchange students over that night to try it out. Definitely a unique experience for them.


We did some gymnastics classes and chose a time where every kid could take a class at the same time. Check out J's one handed cartwheel.




He wasn't quite 18 months but I didn't say anything and no one asked because he held his own. I think he did awesome considering he had only been walking at all for about a month.


I made my very first baby blanket and remembered why I stick to projects that only take a few hours.


I also bought all the kids new Sunday clothes because adorable suspenders and peplum tops give me more patience with my children.


We said goodbye to Tony. He was so sweet with the kids and a great little dude, but I do not miss trying to wake him up, his desire for a hot breakfast every morning and a hot lunch as well. That kid could pound food at an impressive rate, yet he wouldn't try a warm homemade roll! And it took me ten minutes to convince him to try butter on a waffle. And he'd never had syrup on one either so it blew his mind. He asked to take some to his friends.


We went to one of the concerts at the park and enjoyed a little food truck fun.






My cousin Dallen came to visit for a week during DOTA. He was generous enough to take the couch bed for two nights even though he reserved the guest room before the teenage student snagged it. Dallen's a good egg. He even took us out to Din Tai Fung for dumplings.


We went to yet another blueberry farm because I love fresh blueberries and I live in farm country. Check out the awesome alpaca shirt Elena bought me.



M3 found a bush with berries at his height. He would.not.move.


I liked the cute little buckets they had for the kids at this one.



Another day we went to Newport beach park with the Marleys, Riddles, and Crapos. Absolutely dreamy day for it.



And there were enough kids to play with that I didn't have to do nearly the amount of parenting I'm used to.


Another day we went to Kelsey Creek Farm park with many of the same people. Seriously, the parks up here are so legit.



The kids went to a birthday party with professional facepaint and had a blast.



Husband and I went to Fauxchella and ended up staying the whole time because we were having fun with his work buddies.


This year they had cool body marbling and lots of different bubble things.



And the food. Oh the food they have at these things.




J had her first lemonade stand because she's trying to earn money for a $75 lego horse stable set. She made $3. God bless those two cyclists who stopped.


We went to celebrate woodinville and played INSIDE a hot air balloon! I thought it was so cool.


We went out to celebrate Pamela's bday so I decorated the inside of the van with streamers.


We had like 92% totality of the eclipse and enjoyed viewing it. The shadows were awesome.




I put my cell phone behind the glasses and took this shot.


The cresents!




Madre Dos and Padre Dos were driving to Oregon for the eclipse and came up to visit for a few days.


We went hiking at Mercer Slough (pronounced slew. I know, I don't get it either)


And there was a blueberry farm hidden there too!


The day they left, my friend Callie came to visit. I sort of bought her a ticket because I'd rather pay $200 on a ticket than at a salon where I might get mediocre results. SO WORTH IT! I love her and she did such a good job on my hair. We hit up Pike Place and the very first Starbucks.




And this is how I convinced her to come. WHALE WATCHING! We were so excited to see Orcas, her bucket list item. But sadly, no orcas. We did get to see a Minky whale so the whole thing wasn't a total bust. And now I have an excuse to get her to come up here again.



It was excessively windy. I have some good pictures with my fancy camera, but I'll have to post those later.


She made friends with Lips and gave J her first professional haircut. My little girl is getting so big!



No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online